Explore the castle area where you can feel the history
This is a suggested route to see the historical area around the Sasayama Castle. If you like history, you probably would enjoy visiting Sasayama Castle Oshoin, Kawaramachi Tsumairi merchants house district, where the old-fashioned townscape remains from Edo period(1600~1868), There are 3 other facilities around the castle site as well, such as Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House, The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum, and Tamba Sasayama City Historical Museum.
Why not take a walk while feeling the atmosphere of the castle town? You can also enjoy dining and shopping in the surrounding shopping area.
|Sasayama Castle ▶ Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House ▶ The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum ▶ Kasuga Shrine ▶ Tamba Sasayama City Historical Museum ▶ Ojiyama Park ▶ Kawaramachi Tsumairi Merchant Houses district|
Sightseeing spots around
Kawaramachi Tsumairi Merchant Houses district
Kawaramachi is a townscape that retains the remnants of the old highway, which was built shortly after the construction of Sasayama Castle and prospered as the commercial center of the castle town of Sasayama. Characterized by a style called Tsuma-iri merchant house, it conveys the appearance of the castle town of the Edo period. Kawaramachi has been selected as an important traditional buildings preservation district of the country.
Horoyoi Jokagura (Homei Sake brewery)
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Kasuga Shrine and Kasuga Noh in Tamba Sasayama
- Tamba Sasayama Cycling⑨ーOld highway route to go through Fukusumi and Kumobe
- The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum
- Konda Yakushi Onsen Nukumori No Sato (Hot spa)
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- UNESCO Creative City Network
- Taisho Roman Hall
- Tamba Sasayama Holonpia Hotel