This ancient temple was built by Houdou-Sennin on the mountain he named Hokyosan in 646. It is famous for cherry blossoms in spring and colorful leaves in autumn, and is renowned as one of the three mountains of fall foliage in Tamba Sasayama. It’s a great place to view seasonal flowers. An admission fee to the mountains is required during the seasons of cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.
|Address||276 Takakura, Tamba Sasayama, Hyogo prefecture|
|Parking||Available for 60 cars and 10 tour buses|
300 yen per adult (high school students and under is free)
(only during the cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.)
|Access by train and bus||■JR Fukuchiyama line Get off at the Sasayamaguchi station, take a bus to the Oyama Shin bus stop, 2km walk from there.
■JR Fukuchiyama line Get off at the Kaibara station, take a bus to the Oyama Shin bus stop, 2km walk from there.
■Get off at the Sasayamaguchi station or Kaibara station, take a taxi for 15mins.
|Access by car||■Get off at Tannan Sasayamaguchi exit on Maizuru Wakasa expressway, after the toll gate, to the left for Rt. 176, and to the north for 12 mins.
■70 mins from Osaka, 40 mins from Fukuchiyama
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Tamba Sasayama Cycling courses
- Ojiyama (Makekirai) Inari Shrine
- UNESCO Creative City Network
- Explore the castle area where you can feel the history
- Tamba Sasayama Dekansho Festival around the Sasayama Castle
- Tamba Traditional Craft Park Sue No Sato in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Taisho Roman Hall
- Sasayama Tamamizu Yurien(Lily / Hydrangea Garden)