Opening of Taki Mountain Range to the climbers for the year, at the Taki Mountain Range Prefectural Natural Park
This event for 2021 is cancelled
Every year, a Taki Mountain Range Opening Ceremony is held on May 5th (Satoyama Day or “Rural Mountain” Day). (In case of rain the event will be canceled)
The Mitake mountain is symbolized by three peaks, Koganegadake (726 m) in the east and Nishigatake (727 m) in the west, centered around the main peak, Mitake (793 m). The Taki mountain range’s Japanese Primrose habitat is one of the largest in Japan. This extent of habitat has become extremely rare. If you take the Hiuchiwan-Mitake hiking course, you can visit the habitat. On the Kurikara-Mitake hiking course, you can also see rhododendrons from a distance.
・ Meeting time: 9:00 am
・ Meeting place for Hiuchiwan-Mitake course: Taki mountain range parking lot (Hiuchiwan, Tamba Sasayama City)
Meeting place for Kurikara-Mitake course: Kurikara Kenko Hiroba (open space) (Kurikara, Tamba Sasayama City)
・ Time required: 1 hour 30 minutes to the peak
・ Caution: No food service is provided. Please bring your own lunch.
・ Inquiries: Tamba Sasayama City Commerce and Industry Tourism Division, Tel: 079-552-1111
Yajurogatake (715 m) mountain opening
There are a lot of fun things to see while climbing on the mountain trail, such as large rock caves and narrow bridges. From the peak, you can enjoy a wonderful view of the city.
☒Meeting time: 9:30 am
☒Meeting place: Hokabe Shrine (Miyano-mae, Tamba Sasayama City)
☒Time required: 1 hour 40 minutes to the top
☒Inquiries: Joto Public Hall, Tel: 079-556-3171
Climbing Mt. Ono (753 m)
There is a 360-degree view from the peak of this mountain.
Date: Sunday after May 5
☒Meeting time: 9:30 am
☒Meeting place: Tamba Sasayama Keikokunomori Park (Shitsukawakami, Tamba Sasayama City)
☒Time required: 1 hour 30 minutes to the peak
☒Inquiries: Tamba Sasayama Keikokunomori Park, Tel: 079-555-2323
* Event organizers are not responsible for any injuries incurred during mountain climbing.
* Children under kindergarten age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
* Please bring your own lunch.
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Tamba Sasayama Cycling courses
- Ojiyama (Makekirai) Inari Shrine
- UNESCO Creative City Network
- Explore the castle area where you can feel the history
- Tamba Sasayama Dekansho Festival around the Sasayama Castle
- Tamba Traditional Craft Park Sue No Sato in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Taisho Roman Hall
- Sasayama Tamamizu Yurien(Lily / Hydrangea Garden)