Tamba Sasayama Cycling ②–100km cycling
It is an extremely difficult course that runs east to west through Sasayama while climbing Otawa Pass, reaching an altitude of about 500 meters. Recommended for advanced cyclists with confidence of sufficient stamina.
|Estimated time||4 hours|
For your safety, please refrain from looking at mobile phones on a moving bicycle. Come to a stop before searching for information.
Please follow traffic laws, keeping safety in mind.
Red marking is the Tourist Information Center near the Sasayama castle.
Spots to visit
It is the ridge between Mitake and Kogane-ga-take. Said to have been a historical site of the Shugendō* era, a mountain road now passes through it leading down to the Nishiki area. There is an observation deck, toilets and a parking lot, and it is the starting point of the mountain climbing trail for Kogane-ga-take.
*Shugendō (meaning ‘mountain ascenticism’ or literally ‘the way of gen-practice’) is a highly syncretic religion that originated in Heian Japan.–Wikipedia
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- The secret of the 1200-year-old Tamba Sasayamacha
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- Gunge Pizza
- Sawato, Box-pressed sushi
- MUSIC FOREST Rental Villa & Campground
- Nukumori No Sato (Hot spa), Konda Yakushi Onsen
- Tamba Namikimichi Chuo Park Cycle Station
- Kuriya Nishigaki
- Hyogo Prefectural Sasayama no Mori Park