Tamba Sasayama Cycling ⑩ーSasayama Home course
This is a course that runs through the mountains of Sasayama. There are not so many ups and downs on the road, it is for median class riders. Deeply breath-in the Sasayama fresh air and enjoy nature.
|Estimated time||1 hr 50mins.|
Spots to visit
❶Kumobe Kurumazuka ancient tomb
It is a large key-hole shaped tomb mound built in the early mid Kofun period (5AD). It has a standardized tomb around which is the moat and uses the rectangular shape sarcophagus as a burial entity. Armor, cuirass (chest armor), helmet with horns, swords, halberd and iron arrowheads were burried as burial goods. It is an essential Kofun for exploring the political system of the ancient Tamba area and its relationship with the Yamato kingship. In 1968, it was recognized as a mausoleum reference site by the Imperial Household Agency. Total length 140 m.
❷Sasami Shiju-Hachi waterfall
There are 8 waterfalls that never run dry. In summer, you can go under the waterfall to cool down and refresh yourself.
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Kasuga Shrine and Kasuga Noh in Tamba Sasayama
- Tamba Sasayama Cycling⑨ーOld highway route to go through Fukusumi and Kumobe
- Tamba Sasayama cycling ③–Cycling around a Japan heritage city
- Tamba Sasayama Holonpia Hotel
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- Tamba Traditional Craft Park Sue No Sato in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum
- Konda Yakushi Onsen Nukumori No Sato (Hot spa)