At the north of the Kawaramachi intersection where old private houses remain, you can find the Baikakudo which was founded in 1902.
“Tamba black natto(a type of sweets)” created by the former master is a gem. He was the first one who made the sweets out of Tamba black soybeans in the country in 1981. The large black soybeans get candied gradually over 5 days. “This particular process can never be changed,” says Ryosuke Enso, the 4th generation master. It is a long standing signboard product that he spares no effort.
The most popular product in the shop is “Sasayama Tart”. It all started when Mr. Enso, who loves Western confectionery, made a snack for himself that goes well with coffee. Now you can enjoy 10 flavors such as black soybeans, chestnuts and strawberries.
Tamba black natto
Amanatto that makes the best use of the natural sweetness of black soybeans.
Once you start, you will want more and more.
A 130g-bag for 1,100 yen (tax included)
|Address||78-1 Tatsumachi, Tamba-Sasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture|
|Map||View on Google map|
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Take a walk at the old post town. (Fukusumi)
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- Odagaki Shoten
- UNESCO Creative City Network
- Kasuga Shrine and Kasuga Noh in Tamba Sasayama
- Tamba Sasayama cycling ③–Cycling around a Japan heritage city
- Taisho Roman Hall
- Recommended Spots For Autumn Leaves in Tamba Sasayama 2021