At the north of the Kawaramachi intersection where old private houses remain, you can find the Baikakudo which was founded in 1902.
“Tamba black natto(a type of sweets)” created by the former master is a gem. He was the first one who made the sweets out of Tamba black soybeans in the country in 1981. The large black soybeans get candied gradually over 5 days. “This particular process can never be changed,” says Ryosuke Enso, the 4th generation master. It is a long standing signboard product that he spares no effort.
The most popular product in the shop is “Sasayama Tart”. It all started when Mr. Enso, who loves Western confectionery, made a snack for himself that goes well with coffee. Now you can enjoy 10 flavors such as black soybeans, chestnuts and strawberries.
Tamba black natto
Amanatto that makes the best use of the natural sweetness of black soybeans.
Once you start, you will want more and more.
A 130g-bag for 1,100 yen (tax included)
|Address||78-1 Tatsumachi, Tamba-Sasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture|
|Map||View on Google map|
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- Gunge Pizza
- [April 1st to April 10th] Tamba Sasayama Sakura Week 2022
- Sawato, Box-pressed sushi
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Sasayama Tamamizu Yurien(Lily / Hydrangea Garden)
- Odagaki Shoten
- Aoashi Guest House
- sun rice kitchen
- Midorikan (JA Tamba Sasayama direct sales office)