Create Your Own Fragrance Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan
You can make your own fragrance pouch.
Blend any of about 10 different fragrant woods, put them in an original pouch, and then tie the pouch with a cord decorated with a charm fired at the Ojiyama Pottery Center, the traditional pottery of the Sasayama Clan, to complete your very own unique fragrance pouch.
Cost: 1,000 yen per person (tax included)
This experience is available for from one to five people at a time.
Hours: 10:00 to 15:00 (facility hours: 9:00 to 17:00)
|48 Kitashinmachi, Tambasasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture
|Southwest of the Sasayama Post Office
|Access by train and bus
|Go to the Sasayamaguchi Station on the JR Fukuchiyama Line and take a bus to the Nikaimachi bus stop. It’s a 5-minute walk to the Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan from there.
|Access by car
|About 10 minutes east from the Tannan Sasayamaguchi Exit from the Maizuru-Wakasa Expressway.
|Go to Website
|10:00 to 15:00
|The facility is closed on Mondays and over the New Year holiday.
Remarks: If Monday is a holiday, the facility is open and then closed the next day.
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Tambasasayama ABC Marathon(Date: Sunday, March 3, 2024)
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Suggested sightseeing route
- Tambasasayama Crafts Map
- Explore the town of Tamba-yaki pottery (Konda/Tachikui area)
- The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum
- UNESCO Creative City Network