Explore the castle area where you can feel the history
This is a suggested route to see the historical area around the Sasayama Castle. If you like history, you probably would enjoy visiting Sasayama Castle Oshoin, Kawaramachi Tsumairi merchants house district, where the old-fashioned townscape remains from Edo period(1600~1868), There are 3 other facilities around the castle site as well, such as Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House, The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum, and Tambasasayama City Historical Museum.
Why not take a walk while feeling the atmosphere of the castle town? You can also enjoy dining and shopping in the surrounding shopping area.
|Sasayama Castle ▶ Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House ▶ The Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan and Dekansho Museum ▶ Kasuga Shrine ▶ Tambasasayama City Historical Museum ▶ Ojiyama Park ▶ Kawaramachi Tsumairi Merchant Houses district
Sightseeing spots around
Kawaramachi Tsumairi Merchant Houses district
Kawaramachi is a townscape that retains the remnants of the old highway, which was built shortly after the construction of Sasayama Castle and prospered as the commercial center of the castle town of Sasayama. Characterized by a style called Tsuma-iri merchant house, it conveys the appearance of the castle town of the Edo period. Kawaramachi has been selected as an important traditional buildings preservation district of the country.
Horoyoi Jokagura (Homei Sake brewery)
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Suggested sightseeing route
- Explore the town of Tamba-yaki pottery (Konda/Tachikui area)
- Ryuzoji Temple
- Hiwa no Kura / Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn
- Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House
- Tambasasayama Crafts Map