Chestnut sweets accounts for 80% of Kaseidou’s product. Among those sweets, Kuri Mushi Yokan or the steamed chestnut paste dessert is the top selling product. It is made only from chestnuts.
It has been popular for last 20 years, devised by Mr. Shigeki Hata, the third generation who wants to pursue delicious chestnuts, and spread by word of mouth.
After studying Japanese sweets and Western sweets at a confectionery school in Tokyo then getting further training at a Japanese sweets shop, Mr. Hata took over the local shop in Sasayama.
“You can never tell the taste of chestnuts until they’re opened,” he said. He ate and compared chestnuts from all over the country, including Tamba chestnuts. He should know what he’s talking about, so this is the must-visit shop for chestnut lovers.
There is a rest area in the store with free tea service, so you can try the chestnut sweet right after you buy it.
|Address||59 Inuishinmachi, Tamba-Sasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture|
|Business hours||08: 30 ~ 18: 00|
- Tamba Sasayama, a town full of history and tradition
- Tamba Sasayama, a town renowned for food and nature
- Take a walk at the old post town. (Fukusumi)
- Hyogo Prefectural Namikimichi Central Park
- Odagaki Shoten
- UNESCO Creative City Network
- Kasuga Shrine and Kasuga Noh in Tamba Sasayama
- Tamba Sasayama cycling ③–Cycling around a Japan heritage city
- Taisho Roman Hall
- Recommended Spots For Autumn Leaves in Tamba Sasayama 2021