L’hôtel de Mai
The hotel is located in Tatsumachi in the castle town of Tambasasayama, where long-established stores and historic architectures from the late Edo period still remain. The two-story wooden former bank that was built in the midst of modernization, has been transformed into a hotel that is open only to one group per day.
The hotel retains the atmosphere of the founding period of the Kyoto Sogo Bank, which flourished in the support role of commercial vitalization activities in the city. The facility is furnished with designer furniture and lighting in an antique style from the early Showa period so you can feel the classic atmosphere.
The hotel is private and limited to one couple per day. The accommodation area is on the second floor (approximately 85 square meters). The bathroom is equipped with a large bathtub.
|40 Tatsumachi, Tambasasayama City, Hyogo
|Available for 2 cars for free. Located diagonally forward left of the hotel.
|Access by train and bus:
|About 18 minutes from JR Sasayamaguchi Station. Take a Wing Shinki Bus from bus stop No.2 at Sasayamaguchi station. Then take the bus to Tatsumachi bus stop and it’s a 1-minute walk.
|Access by car:
|About 1 hour from Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto. Approx. 10 minutes from the Tannan-Sasayamaguchi Exit on the Maizuru-Wakasa highway.
|View on Googlemap
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Suggested sightseeing route
- Explore the town of Tamba-yaki pottery (Konda/Tachikui area)
- Ryuzoji Temple
- Hiwa no Kura / Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn
- Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House
- Tambasasayama Crafts Map