Making Chopstick Rests at the Historical Museum
You can make celadon chopstick rests that are traditional to Ojiyama Pottery, the traditional pottery of the Sasayama Clan.
You can select from any of five molds and then turn the chopstick rests into our own original design after you take them from the mold by altering them with a bamboo tool and stamps.
Your chopstick rests will be fired for you at the Ojiyama Pottery Center and then mailed to you when they are finished.
Note: Depending on firing schedules, it may take a month or more before your pieces are fired.
|Address||53 Gofukumachi, Tambasasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture|
|Location||The Historical Museum is a one-minute walk east from the Kasugajinjamae bus stop of the Shinki Green Bus Company.|
|Parking lot||There are five parking spaces reserved for Museum visitors.
There is also a city parking lot to the west of the Museum.
|Access by train and bus||Go to the Sasayamaguchi Station on the JR Fukuchiyama Line and take a Shinki Green Bus bound for the Sasayama Depot and get off at the Kasugajinjamae bus stop. It’s a 1-minute walk to the Historical Museum from there.|
|Access by car||About 10 minutes east from the Tannan Sasayamaguchi Exit from the Maizuru-Wakasa Expressway.|
|Website||Go to Web site|
|Go to Facebook page|
|Open hours||9:00 to 17:00
You must apply by 3:00 pm.
Museum entrance is until 4:30 pm.
Open on Monday holidays and closed the following day.
- Udo Kannon Guzei-ji Temple
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Suwaen Inter Store, Japanese tea and sweets specialty Sayukaraku
- Odagaki Shoten
- Nukumori No Sato (Hot spa), Konda Yakushi Onsen
- [April 1st to April 10th] Tamba Sasayama Sakura Week 2022
- Hyogo Prefectural Sasayama no Mori Park
- Gunge Pizza
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town