[April 1st to April 10th] Tamba Sasayama Sakura Week 2022
The site of Sasayama Castle is known as one of the best cherry blossom viewing spots in the prefecture, and about 1000 Somei Yoshino trees (a kind of cherry trees) become in full bloom in the castle town. During the flowering period, the bonboris (paper lanterns] are lit and you can enjoy watching the cherry blossoms at night. The cherry blossoms reflected in the moat are also fantastic.
Sasayama Castle was built by Ieyasu Tokugawa in 1609 to watch various lords in the west Japan. When you see the Osoin, the castle, and the stone walls, you can imagine about the ancient days.
|Date and time||April 1st to 10th, 2022
Bonbori lighting : March 19th to April 10th 18: 00-23: 00
|Venue||Around the Sasayama Castle site, Tambasasayama City, Hyogo Prefecture|
|Organizer||Tambasasayama Tourism Association|
|Inquiry||Tambasasayama Tourism Association (Tel:+81-79-506-1535)|
|Access||Take the Shinki Bus at platform 2 at JR Sasayamaguchi station west exit, which is bound for Sasayama Eigyosho Depot.
About 15 minutes ride on the bus, get off at the Nikaimachi bus stop. It’s 5 minutes walk from the bus stop.
View on Google map
* During Sakura Week, you can bring your own food and drink around the site of Sasayama Castle (Please refrain from drinking alcohol at the Tenshudai, Aoyama Shrine, or Ninomaru).
You can enjoy the rowing boat at the moat!
How about a new experience of looking at the Sasayama Castle site and Oshoin from the moat?
As a romantic date as a couple, happy time with your children or with friends, it is a spot to enjoy at Tambasasayama in spring.
Period From March 26th to May 29th, 2022
Only on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
From 10:00 to 16:00 (last reception time 15:30)
* Will be Canceled in case of rain. When the cherry blossom time, available on weekdays too.
Fee 500 yen per boat (30 minutes / up to 3 people)
Place Sasayama Castle Ruins Kitahori
(There is a boading point along the road on the south side of the Den-en Symphony Hall)
Tambasasayama City Tourism Exchange Department, Commerce and Industry Tourism Division (Tel: +81-79-552-1111)
General Incorporated Association With Sasayama (Tel: +81-79-552-7373)
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Udo Kannon Guzei-ji Temple
- Kozoji Temple
- Gunge Pizza
- About Tambasasayama
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Sasayama Tamamizu Yurien(Lily / Hydrangea Garden)
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Taisho Roman Hall