Take a walk at the old post town. (Fukusumi)
Fukusumi is the old post town (Shukuba machi) which is on the road that connects Sasayama castle and Kyoto. It is designated as Important Preservation District for Traditional Buildings in December, 2012. You can see many merchant houses which has the unique design to Tamba area. The townscape suits perfect for the relaxing walk.
More on Shukuba : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shukuba
|Big cedar tree of Yasuda ▶Sambaya Higuchi ▶Old Fukusumi station site ▶Maruyama Inari ▶Sumiyoshi shrine|
Townscape of Fukusumi
Fukusumi has the road lined with spacious and heavy buildings with a wide frontage. It had been at the key point of the San-in road since ancient times. The road was called Kyokaido from the Edo period and Fukusumi was the first post town in the Sasayama domain. Business transactions were also active, and Hatago(inn) and merchant houses lined up. The remnants of the townscape and the shop name still remain in many places.
- MUSIC FOREST Rental Villa & Campground
- Tambasasayama Botan nabe Guide
- Ojiyama (Makekirai) Inari Shrine
- Spring Sakura special feature
- The secret of the 1200-year-old Tambasasayama-cha
- Create Your Own Fragrance Historical Area of the Aoyama Clan
- Gunge Pizza
- Taisho Roman Hall
- [April 1st to April 10th] Tamba Sasayama Sakura Week 2022