Tambasasayama, Hyogo, Japan Video -Tambasasayama in Autumn and Winter-
Tambasasayama is located near Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe, yet it is called “Little Kyoto” because of the historical and elegant townscape that remains.
There are many old buildings and houses throughout the town, including Sasayama Castle ruins, which still retains the atmosphere of the Edo period. The castle town was designated as an Important Preservation District for Groups of Traditional Buildings of Japan.
Surrounded by mountains as far as the eye can see, the area still retains its natural landscape of rice paddies and fields, which give us a nostalgic feeling.
In spring, the cherry blossoms at Sasayama Castle are wonderful, also Noh dance performance under the dancing petals is fantastic.
In summer, join the “Dekansho Festival,” where tens of thousands of people dance to a traditional local folk song, which have been registered as a Japan Heritage.
You can enjoy autumn leaves and tastes in Fall, for example, black soy beans edamame, Tamba chestnut, matsutake mushroom, Japanese yam.
Snowy landscapes and boar meat hot pot, Botan-nabe, are winter delights.
It has a different look in each season.
The rich natural and historical landscape also makes it an attractive filming location.
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Suggested sightseeing route
- Explore the town of Tamba-yaki pottery (Konda/Tachikui area)
- Ryuzoji Temple
- Hiwa no Kura / Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn
- Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House
- Tambasasayama Crafts Map