Tamba Toji Sake Brewery Memorial Museum
This museum is dedicated to Tamba Toji, a master of sake brewing. It introduces the sake brewing process step by step, including the various equipment and materials lost in the process of modernization of sake brewing technology.
You can also learn the hardship that Tamba Toji went through and the traditional sake brewing process, from the displayed documents and materials of their history.
Japanese sake has a long history and tradition of 300 years. Its exquisite taste, aroma and colour are only possible because of the quality rice and water and the Tamba Toji, who has trained excellent brewers.
|1-5 Higashishinmachi, Tambasasayama City, Hyogo
|Tamba Toji Union Secretariat : +81-79-552-0003
(Open only Monday, Wednesday and Friday, excluding holidays,
10:00am – 5:00pm)
|Access (train / bus)
|From the West Exit of Sasayamaguchi Station on the JR Fukuchiyama Line, take the Shinki Green Bus bound for “Sasayama Eigyosho”, get off at “Kasuga Shrine mae“, and walk for about 5 minutes.
View on Google Map
|10:00 am to 5:00pm
|Open untill 4:00pm on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays
|Dec. 28th to Jan. 4th
|Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays from November to March
Sightseeing spot information
|100 yen for contribution
- Tamba-yaki Pottery
- Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn [150-year-old Tamba Sasayama inn]
- Suggested sightseeing route
- Sue No Sato, Tamba Traditional Craft Park in the Tachikui Pottery Town
- Ryuzoji Temple
- Explore the town of Tamba-yaki pottery (Konda/Tachikui area)
- Sasayama Castle and Oshoin
- Tambasasayama Crafts Map
- Hiwa no Kura / Village Maruyama, a traditional Japanese style house inn
- Anma Historical Museum and Samurai House